How to Choose the Right Agent
Future sellers should consider the following checklist when interviewing agents.
- SALES PRODUCTION: How many homes has the prospective agent sold?
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS: How many professional designations has the prospective agent earned? All of the agents at Tony Hall & Associates have professional designations earned by completing the education requirements and/or by achieving a larger sales volume.
- PRICING: Is the prospective agent willing to overprice your property? Never select an agent based on the asking price they suggest for your house. Sometimes agents suggest an artificially “high” asking price in order to get the listing, in hopes that the seller will reduce it when it doesn’t sell. Statistics show that a home listed at the right price to start with closes for more money in less time.
- TRACK RECORD: Does the prospective listing agency have a proven track record? The agency should have statistics to show you historical information. Tony Hall & Associates’ statistics are:
JANUARY 1 TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
Tony Hall & Associates Multiple Listing Service Average Sales Price $488,609 $429,358 Percentage of List to Sales Price 103% 103% Total Sales Volume $70,777,499 Lowest Sales Price $51,000 Highest Sales Price $2,700,000 Total Units Sold 151
- FULL TIME EXPERIENCED REALTORS: Is the prospective listing agent an experienced full time agent? If so, how many years in the business? At Tony Hall & Associates, all agents are full time real estate professionals and must meet very high production standards.
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Does the prospective agency promote its listings at the area Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Center or at the Chapel Hill Senior’s Center? Brochures on Tony Hall & Associates listings are featured at the Chapel Hill/Carrboro Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Center and at the Chapel Hill Senior’s Center.
- SUPPORT STAFF: Successful real estate agents have one thing in common - good support staff! Does the prospective listing agency provide support staff to assist their agents? Tony Hall & Associates provides an experienced support staff to help handle all the behind-the-scenes details involved in a real estate closing.
- INTERNET:Will your property be exposed to millions of computer users around the world on the Internet? Tony Hall & Associates was the first residential firm in the Triangle with its own "home page" in the Internet. We publish newcomer's relocation information and information on all our listings on the Internet.
- MULTIPLE LISTING SERVICE: Is the prospective listing agency a member of the Triangle area multiple listing service? Tony Hall & Associates offers co-brokerage to all agents through the multiple listing service.
- FEEDBACK: What type of feedback will the prospective agent provide you? At Tony Hall & Associates, we provide written showing feedback to the seller.